Thursday, July 5, 2018

Changes are good, right?



Image result for yoga frog

After some soul searching, I decided to revitalize the purpose of this blog. My main reason is to streamline my research findings and experiences, and to write about them in one place. I will occasionally post in one of my other blogs, if I find something extraordinary to share, and link to this blog. However, this will be my main blog going forward.

The part of Pennsylvania where my ancestors lived is deeply saturated with history and so my decision makes sense. Over the years family members intermarried with neighbors, and, yes, a first cousin once removed, were married. Because the connections within my families and my husband's, it became clear why I needed to make this change. So, because of a recent research project for our home and the land on which it is built I made a discovery about a Wildasin ancestor who married the man who owned the said tract of land. So, the project became more meaningful for me.

My most recent genealogy education endeavors was attending a class at the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP). For one week I sat in a classroom with 14 adults learning that mastering documentation is both an art and science. Did I master anything? Not quite but I am determined! I have a lot of practicing to do before before considering myself proficient at citing sources.

Our pre-class assignment was to bring a citation to class that we wanted to discuss. Mine was out of the ordinary. It was the image of writing found on our bathroom wall in our present home (2018) and behind the bathroom mirror. I wanted to know how to cite my source correctly because I am including it in my land deed research on our house and of the land on which our house is built.

I am currently working on my first ever property search and used this image as the spring board of my written report. I can only assume who wrote this on the wall and when. I did prove that Luther Freed was the first owner of our home. The land search is near completion, then the fun writing the citations begins.

Namaste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.