Saturday, September 8, 2012

Change ...

 
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
― Lao Tzu
 
 
No, the image above is not of an ancestor.  Lao Tzu just happened to write about change, and the quote resonated with me.  After researching our family heritages, I have been thinking about changing the overall feel of the blog.  This decision comes from the connectivity among the family ancestors.
 
I suppose that I fall into a small category of folks who embrace change.  To me, it is refreshing and a sense of renewal - like the changing of the seasons. 
 
So, when I started to recreate this blog, I only intended to change the title and image.  One thing began to led to another, and everything began to click. 
  • The title - based on how our ancestral roots entwine. 
  • The subtitle - because if family history is not recorded and shared with relatives, then knowledge could become lost. 
  • The tree image - wide, supportive, and strong.  The little fence that surrounds the tree represents family.
  • The color - natural, clean and peaceful.
Time is a test of knowledge, so they say. Time will be a test of how this change affects the blog stats and readership. 

Until later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.