Friday, April 1, 2011

Connecting the dots

I feel like I am running in circles, and I am sure I am not alone.

The past 24 hours have been most productive for me, as well as confusing.  My parent's family Bible touched on some information but not enough to build a solid family tree. I also found online a generous lady who shared some research that linked my distant relatives to hers.  This information is about the Pennsylvania Wildasins

In my quest to connect the dots, I caved and subscribed to a one-month subscription to Ancestry.com. It has proven to be a valuable purchase, compared to the miles and time that would be spent at another site to do this research. 

It is through the combined research that I became instantly overwhelmed!  I learned that relatives from my dad's mother's family tree and his dad's family tree are related. My grandmother's mother was a Wildasin (married to a Monath) and my grandfather, of course, was a Wildasin.  Interestingly, I could trace both back to one couple - Johannes Wiltesinn (Wildasin) married to Catherine Barnitz - both German born.  The passenger ship was the Jamaica Galley.  So my new quest is to learn more about Johannes and Catherine.

In the meantime, I am hoping to learn more about my family's German roots. Not only do I want to learn about who those people are, but I would love to learn about the German settlements in Pennsylvania and Maryland.  Suggestions, anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.