There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Wreaths Across America

 
 

Today, across America, wreaths were placed at the gravesites of the men and women who served our country. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance and of the beautiful ceremony. 

Above is the grave marker for my paternal grandfather's brother George Wildasin, who served in World War I.  As I walked across the grounds of the Mount Olivet Cemetery back to my car, I stopped to place wreaths, exchanged conversations with several people, and to look at the grave markers for a man who fought in the Revolutionary War and one of a Confederate Soldier.  I cannot describe the feelings that I experienced. 

Next year, I hope to be able to participate again.  I hope at least one or several of you may do the same. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.