Thursday, June 2, 2011

Today I give thanks ...

... to the wonderful people who researched long hours, days, weeks, and years to provide me (and others) with the framework for my research.

... for the technology that links me to researchers, friends, databases, and newly acquired cousins.  Gotta love computers and scanners.

Just a few minutes ago I stopped typing.  In the past two days I logged over 11 hours on my laptop.  I learned a lot. 
  • I think almost every other female had/has the middle name of 'Marie' or 'Catherine'. 
  • Like my mother-in-law, many female relatives brought more than seven children into this world.  They have my deepest and sincere appreciation for their dedication to raising large families and enduring childbirth!  They are truly saints, in my opinion.
  • I found several classmates and friends who are part of my husband's family tree. 
There is so much more that I have learned along the way about my hometown, the people I grew up with or went to school with, and those who I am getting to know just from posting messages on forums.  I hope that your research experience is as enlightening as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.